2018 Biennial Moveable Equipment Inventory Instructions
May 31, 2018
Moveable Equipment Inventory (MEI) maintenance is the responsibility of Cost Center Administrators. Administrators of Cost Centers are asked to make the appropriate changes/updates directly in the Business Asset system within Workday. Once a Cost Center’s inventory is complete, please send an email confirmation, being sure to list which specific Cost Centers are being confirmed, to email@example.com by July 31, 2018. Any questions or comments can be directed to Jeff Perinetti (436-9244) or Bob Marchitto (436-9247).
Important for the 2018 Inventory:
Please pay particular attention to the following:
- If a piece of MEI equipment in your cost center’s inventory listing is not tagged, replacement tags must be requested from the Controller’s Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org . It is imperative that ALL items in the Moveable Equipment Inventory that are able to be tagged are tagged.
- If the tag information on your cost center’s equipment listing does not include the serial number and/or model number of the equipment, if possible, please update your department’s inventory records in Workday by adding the serial number and or model number. The serial number of a piece of equipment is important for identification.
- If a piece of MEI equipment is “contained” within another piece of MEI Equipment, and the internal equipment is not able to be tagged, please place its tag on the external portion of the equipment. If neither the external nor internal pieces of equipment can be tagged, retain the tags in your Business Office in a secure location, so it may be presented upon request.
- Be sure to confirm the MEI Asset ID tag is marked as “affixed” to the equipment within Workday. Instructions on completing this step can be requested by emailing email@example.com .
It is imperative that all equipment is inventoried and appropriately documented in the Business Asset system within Workday no later than July 31, 2018. In addition, an email confirmation must be sent specifying the cost centers being confirmed as complete to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2018.
Please make and save all notations directly in the Business Asset system within Workday
Indicate if an equipment item should be deleted from your Moveable Equipment Inventory and the reason for deletion, which would include the following:
- Traded-in - You must provide the dollar amount of the trade-in.
- Discarded - In trash, Yale recycling center, or other.
- Stolen - Include date reported, and to whom the theft was reported.
- Returned - Indicate whether item was replaced or purchase refunded.
- Sold - Provide the dollar amount of the sale, date of the sale and the purchaser.
Also indicate whether the Principal Investigator (PI) left the University and if the equipment has been transferred to another institution.
If a piece of equipment is deemed not usable, not used, or not needed, indicate this online by choosing the correct disposal code provided in the list of values.
If an item has been transferred to another Yale cost center, indicate the cost center and the name of the PI or other responsible person who received the equipment.
Equipment Not Listed
If upon viewing your cost center’s equipment listing you discover items purchased and paid for prior to April 30, 2018 but which are not listed, please email email@example.com with a purchase order number, date of purchase, description, and purchase amount.
Please note any other changes including:
- Location – room number and/or building number
- Issued to– PI or another person responsible for that item
- Any other appropriate changes