Hotel Safety Tips
Detective Kevin Coffey is an expert in travel safety and has trained America’s business travelers for over 10 years. Here are some of his hotel safety tips:
- Before your trip copy all credit cards, airline tickets, passports and important documents, front and back.
- Keep a close eye on your luggage, purse, etc when checking in.
- When registering, sign only your last name and first initial. Don’t use titles or degrees. Makes it harder to determine gender, marital status or profession.
- Don’t leave your credit card lying on the check-in counter while you complete your registration. Also make sure the credit card that is handed back to you by the hotel clerk is really yours.
- If you lose your key, ask for a new room or have the lock or electronic key card changed
You can find more of Detective Coffey’s hotel safety tips at kevincoffey.com.