The Yale University Police Department takes very seriously its obligation to investigate allegations of police misconduct and will take appropriate action when warranted. The process for reporting a complaint against a member of the department is simple and straightforward. Community members should contact Police Communications at 203-432-4400 and request to see a supervisory officer. A supervisor will respond and take the initial complaint. Most complaints can be resolved expeditiously at that level. Should any complaint require additional investigation, the matter will be referred to the Office of the Chief for investigation.
Civilian Complaint Reports
To submit a civilian complaint, use one of the following forms:
- Submit a civilian complaint to the Office of the Chief.
- Submit a civilian complaint against an officer of the Yale Police Department to the Chair of the Police Advisory Board.
Police Advisory Board Members 2022-2023
- Staff: Heather Calabrese, Chairperson
- Staff: Greg Kharabadze
- Undergrad: Craig Birckhead-Morton
- Grad Student: Caroline Lefever
- Faculty: Stephen Davis
- NHR: Pastor John Lewis
- Staff: TBD