Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
Future Law Enforcement Law Academy
The FBI New Haven and Yale University Police Department partnered in 2015 to launch Future Law Enforcement Youth Academy (FLEYA). The program has been nationally recognized and implemented in select communities throughout the United States. Yale Police and FBI New Haven partner annually to conduct a week-long law enforcement and legal training overnight camp for select youth throughout Connecticut every summer.
Yale’s campus serves as the home base for an academic environment and overnight accommodations with the premier atmosphere to encourage students to pursue higher education and careers in law enforcement.
This unique training includes classes with Federal Agents, Assistant US Attorney’s and State’s Attorney’s, local police, and judges.
The youth selected for this program must:
- Be between 15 – 18 years of age and returning to a CT high school in Fall 2019
- Be full time CT resident
- Be committed to physical fitness thru sports or other activity
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.7 (must be verified prior to acceptance)
- Submit a completed online application which will include a 200 word written essay
- Participate in an initial telephone interview if selected by staff members of the academy
- Participate in a final panel style interview at FBI New Haven
Program Inquires may be sent via email to: FLEYAprogram@FBI.gov.