Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
Education and Resources
- Annual Safety Report on Campus Crime and Fire Incidents
- Campus Security Authority
- Yale Citizen’s Police and Public Safety Academy
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Preparedness/Active Shooter Video
- Sexual Misconduct Response Tips and Resources
- Off-Campus Services and Resources
- Community Groups
- Neighborhood Organizations
- Public Safety brochure
- Public Safety Event Planner
- Shuttle Service
- Nighttime Shuttle Safe Rides and Walking Escort Service
- New Haven Police Department
Information about the department and its programs and resources for the community.
- South Central Criminal Justice Administration
SCCJA home page; agency provides management support services to the 18 municipalities of South Central Connecticut; information on testing, training, regional coordination, and research.
- Yale Police Benevolent Association
The YPBA is an independent labor union that represents the sworn officers and detectives of the Yale University Police Department.
- Dixwell-Yale Community Learning Center
- The DYCLC is a facility for residents of Dixwell and primarily focuses on youth through educational programming.
- State of Connecticut
Information on the Connecticut government, agencies and organizations, towns and cities, education, and other areas of interest.
- Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection
Information on the Connecticut State Police; the Division of Fire, Emergency, and Building Services; and the Division of Scientific Services, as well as other information concerning the function and services of the department.
- Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles
Information on vehicle registration, emissions, driver’s licenses, etc.
- Police Officer Standards & Training Council
Information on various police agencies, basic recruit training, in-service training, etc.
- Connecticut Police Chiefs Association
Information about the association, membership, news, and the annual expo.
- Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Provides services to victims of domestic violence that include but are not limited to safety planning, short-term counseling and support groups, information and referrals, advocacy, emergency shelter, children’s programs, and community education and training.
- Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services, Inc.
Works to end sexual violence through victim assistance, community education, and public policy advocacy.
- Office of Victim Services, CT Judicial Branch
Provides crime victim compensation, court-based victim services advocates, victim notification, services for families of homicide victims
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
A wealth of information about the agency, including press releases, the most wanted list, and a library and reference section.
- U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service
Information on immigration services, law enforcement and border management, public affairs, etc.
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms
Information on the bureau, recent news, most wanted, regulations, publications, etc.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
Information on law enforcement, drugs and crime, juvenile justice, victims of crime, statistics, etc.
- Office of Postsecondary Education Campus Security Statistics
U.S. Department of Education’s OPE Campus Security Statistics website; provides information on reported criminal offenses for over 6,000 U.S. colleges and universities.
- Safe Streets
The Yale Police Department wants to keep you safe in the street. Visit the City of New Haven’s Safety Streets website.
Laws & Regulations
- CT Cities Charters and Ordinances
A list of every city in Connecticut with links to charters and ordinances.
- CT Alcohol Law
Regulations defining the proper consumption and use of alcohol in Connecticut.
- Undergraduate Production Regulations
All students involved in undergraduate production share responsibility for the safety of their production, crew, cast, audience, and the performance space itself. Undergraduate production is understood to include all dramatic, musical, dance, operatic, and comedy events involving performance before an audience. All undergraduate production events must comply with the regulations below, regardless of their scope or size.
- Sexual Misconduct Information
Sexual misconduct often takes place in private – and, because it is so personal, many people never talk about it. Here is information about legal definitions of different forms of sexual violence as well as tips about intervention and prevention. The Office of Victim Services provides crime victim compensation, court-based victim services advocates, victim notification, and services for families of homicide victims.