- Crimes such as robberies, burglaries, and thefts typically increase slightly during the holiday season. Whether you are traveling or remaining on campus throughout the recess period, please take extra care to safeguard your property and lock your room or office when you leave it. Also, if you live off campus, remember to lock windows.
- Take items of value with you for the holiday. Don’t leave your keys or ID. Put other items in your drawers and in your closet.
- Take Your Laptop Home! Don’t leave your laptop computer unsecured in your room or unattended at any time while you travel.
- When walking during the evening hours, be aware of your surroundings and only walk in well-lit and populated areas. Don’t display cash on the street, and be aware of your environment. Try not to walk alone at night, and use the Yale shuttle buses and call for a security escort in the evening hours by dialing 203-785-5555.
- Don’t overburden your holiday by carrying bags that are too heavy and cumbersome. Pack lightly. You can’t be aware of your surroundings when your bags are blocking your view and slowing you down.
In addition to taking these safety measures to protect yourself and your property, you can assist us in maintaining a safe campus environment by reporting suspicious activity to the Yale Police.
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING. Call us at 911 or 203-432-4400.