The NAACP Harmony Classic 2023
Join us for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Harmony Classic football game on Saturday, September 30, where the Yale Bulldogs take on the Morgan State Bears at the Yale Bowl.
For over ten years, the Connecticut and Greater New Haven Chapters of the NAACP have hosted the Harmony Classic to inspire peace, fellowship, and harmony on campus. Yale joins the NAACP in its commitment to harmony and belonging.
|8 a.m.||Main guest parking (Lot D) opens for tailgating (review tailgating rules)|
|8:45 a.m.||Round-trip fan shuttle for Yale community members starts leaving from Payne Whitney Gym|
|9:30 a.m.||Yale Bowl ticket office opens|
|10 a.m. - noon||Hospitality Village Fan Zone opens (near gate E)|
|10:30 a.m.||Yale Bowl gates open|
|10:40 a.m.||“Bulldog walk” starts at Walter Camp Gates, accompanied by the Yale Precision Marching Band (see the Yale Bulldogs make their way to the stadium!)|
Pre-game celebrations begin, including:
|Halftime||Performance by Morgan State University band and Yale Precision Marching Band|
|End of game||Round-trip fan shuttle for Yale community members starts leaving from Yale Bowl|
|activity||yale employees||yale students||general admission|
Free general admission seating in Yale Bowl for two adults (employee and one guest*) and children 12 and under (use promo code: Staffday23)
|Free student section seating in Yale Bowl for students and reduced student guest* tickets||Free general admission seating in Yale Bowl for children 12 and under and $16 general admission seating for adults|
|Parking||$10 per vehicle||$10 per vehicle||$10 per vehicle|
|Food and Beverages||Available for purchase inside the stadium||Available for purchase inside the stadium||Available for purchase inside the stadium|
|Activities||Free for all||Free for all||Free for all|
The first 1,000 employees who arrive in Hospitality Village (starting at 10 a.m. at the It’s Your Yale booth) and present their Yale ID will receive an appreciation giveaway item
|Visit vendor booths for free giveaways||Visit vendor booths for free giveaways|
*All Yale employees and students must present a valid Yale ID. All additional guests attending with a Yale employee (beyond one free guest) or student will pay a reduced general admission price of $10 per person to enter the Yale Bowl.
Everyone must have a reserved ticket to enter the Yale Bowl, even if those tickets are free. Reserve tickets in one of four ways:
- Online: Purchase digital tickets
- By phone: 203-432-1400
- In person: Present your Yale ID at the Ray Tompkins House Box Office during regular business hours or at the Yale Bowl box office on game day.
- Group tickets: Contact Yale Athletics by phone (203-432-1400) to purchase ten or more tickets at a reduced general admission rate of $10 for adults (tickets for children 12 and under are free).
Between 10 a.m. and noon, the Hospitality Village will offer the following for all community members for free:
- Games and activities: Inflatables, yard games, face painting, tattoos, photo station
- Music: DJ
- Vendors and tables: Health fair, job fair, Yale Affinity Groups, United Way of Greater New Haven, and more
- Additional NAACP programming and activities
Game Day Central
Visit the Game Day Central Parking page for information about:
- Parking: Visitor parking in Lot D costs $10 per vehicle.
- Shuttle: The Athletic Department will provide a round-trip fan shuttle for Yale community members starting at 8:45 a.m.
Information about additional transportation options, such as walking, biking, and public transit, is available on Yale’s Parking and Transportation page.
Let’s promote harmony! All Yale football fans and Historically Black College and University (HBCU) alums are invited to share their game day photos on social media using the hashtag #ThisIsYale. See you at the game!