Organizational Changes in Business Operations
November 21, 2016
The following changes in Business Operations are designed to improve our ability to deliver high-quality administrative and business services to the Yale community.
Business Process Planning and Strategy
Kathy Byington, AVP, Business Operations officially announced the arrival of the two newest members of the central Business Operations team, Vijay Alaparthi and Joseph Lott. Their roles are especially important as the business operations community transitions to Workday and strives to optimize our business processes.
As senior business process strategist reporting to Kathy Byington, Vijay Alaparthi, will work with Yale schools and departments to optimize and streamline business processes and applications.
Vijay comes to Yale with 14-plus years of experience delivering enterprise technology solutions and business process improvements across finance, planning, accounting, and shared services. In addition to 10 years of ascending responsibilities at PepsiCo, Vijay brings an impressive record of accomplishments in operations improvement, systems transformation, change management and business process optimization to his new role. Vijay earned his B.S. in mechanical engineering, from Osmania University, India, and holds an M.S. in industrial engineering from Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
Joseph Lott, reporting to Vijay, will provide project management and business analysis support to this initiative.
Joe developed expertise as a project manager, quality assurance analyst and business analyst (BA) in his most recent positions at the University of Notre Dame. As a member of the Business Analyst Champions group, he worked with other BAs to develop the BA Certificate learning track and was a member of the first class to earn the BA certificate at Notre Dame. Joe holds a B.S. in marketing from the University of Maryland, College Park, MD.
New Regional Directors for Business Operations
The selection of two new regional directors: John Kaufhold and Joanne Bentley was also announced. They will provide oversight to specific units and will join the Business Operations Leadership Team (BOLT).
John Kaufhold will provide support and oversight to:
- Dana Courtney, lead administrator, and her portfolio: Hospitality, Research Administration, and Student Financial and Administrative Services (SFAS)
- Sonja Beamon-Rezendes, lead administrator, and her portfolio of Administration, Public Safety, and Human Resources
- Sandra Lynch, lead administrator, who serves the School of Divinity
Joanne Bentley will provide support and oversight to:
- Andrea Hart, lead administrator, who serves the Institute of Sacred Music
- Stephanie Perry, lead administrator, who serves Environmental Health and Safety
- Arthur Samuelson, operations manager, who supports Athletics
Also as part of this reorganization Holly Piscatelli, senior director and BOLT member, will provide support and oversight to:
- Christopher Farmer, lead administrator, who serves the School of Nursing
- Jennifer Franssen, lead administrator, who serves Yale Health