Eli Surplus Survey Results and Winners
February 14, 2017
The Eli Surplus Exchange Program turns 4 this month. Yale Administration is looking to improve and expand the program. Recently, a 14-question survey about the Eli Surplus Exchange Program was sent to a selected list of Yale staff, faculty and graduate students. Over 750 people responded to questions about use, marketing, and program awareness. Those who provided their email address were included in a drawing for three prizes and the winners are:
- Michelle Wilson, Senior Administrative Assistant, Office of Sponsored Projects,
- Arit Ogbuagu, Statistical Coordinator Yale School of Medicine AIDS Program
- Chenee Gallaher, Administrative Assistant Alzheimer’s Disease Unit.
They will each receive Yale t-shirts.
The survey was developed and sent out by the Eli Surplus Working Group in an effort to gage use and better understand how best to expand the program—which turns four this month. The working group, chaired by Lisa M. Maloney, Yale Administration, is looking at adding a section for the Yale Community to post personal items. In addition, they would like to develop a marketing plan to get departments to clean out their storage closets and post items to the Exchange.
- 30% have used the program
- 26% have never heard of it
- 40% heard about the program from a colleague
- 22% heard about it from the Yale Portal
- 53% said they viewed an item on the site
- 46% said they acquired/bought an item through the site
- 70% said they were pleased with their item
- 85% looked to acquire/buy furniture
- 34% looked to acquire/buy office supplies
- 91% said they would revisit the site to find an item for their department
Program Suggested Enhancements
- 56% want computer equipment added to the program
- 65% want household items added
- 54% want artwork items added
- 44% want bicycles added
- 88% said they would use this site to post or purchase personal items
This data will be presented to the Working Group in March–look for announcements on program updates and additions.
Lisa M. Maloney, Yale Administration