Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
7th Annual Battle of the Badges April 22nd at Payne Whitney Gym
March 20, 2017
The Yale University Police Department will host its 7th annual “Battle of the Badges” bench press competition. *Proceeds to benefit Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven. The competition will be held at Payne Whitney Gymnasium, 4th floor (70 Tower Parkway, New Haven) on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 from 9am to noon.
It is a fun, spirited fundraiser where attendees push themselves to raise money in the fight against breast cancer. This is a bench press competition where males lift 75% of their body weight and females lift 50% of their body weight, in teams of three, as many times as they can. The team with the highest total repetitions wins!
There are two categories: Open Division and Public Safety Division. Each team of three will complete a certain number of repetitions within a prescribed period of time, based on each individual’s body weight.
To register, please fill out the 2017 Battle of the Badges webform.
For your convenience:
- $20.00 registration fee per person/$15.00 fee per student (University or High School)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- There will be team and individual trophies awarded (so bring your “A” game!)
- All participants will receive a complimentary and commemorative “T-Shirt”
- All teams receive a complimentary team photo
- Bring signed waiver with you at time of event (We will have waivers on hand so no worries)
- You can register at the door
- Cash only entry fees will be collected at the door. No checks
If you don’t want to participate in the weight lifting competition, you can still support this event by making a donation. Visit: https://www.givetoynhh.org/donate. Once at the site, put in your total donation and in the next line, under “Designation,” click “Other.” When the “Other” box appears, type in Battle of the Badges – 2017. Complete the additional information section and the rest of the billing information and you are done!
Remember, even if you are not planning on competing, you are still welcome to come and root for your co-workers or friends or associates as they give it their all.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to the following personnel::