Info Security Alert: Fake email appearing to be from President Salovey
August 11, 2017
- A new phishing email from Peter Salovey with the subject line Manual Review has been reported at Yale. The body of the message requests W-2 records for employees.
- Delete this message immediately, do not reply.
Please be advised that you may have recently received an email that appears to be from Peter Salovey. Please delete the email immediately. If you have already replied to this message with sensitive data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Never click on any link in an email from an unknown source.
- Never reply to or respond to an unsolicited email.
- Never supply personally identifying information via email especially usernames and passwords.
- Be diligent in keeping anti-virus software up to date.
- Be skeptical of opening documents with macros.
- Don’t be immediately fooled by graphics or personalization of a message. Images and web pages are easily faked.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.