Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
Yale Police Department SWAT Team Holds Blood Drive September 21st
September 6, 2017
On Thursday, September 21st from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. the Yale University Police (YPD) SWAT Team will be hosting an American Red Cross blood drive at YPD Headquarters, 101 Ashmun Street in the rear of the building. The American Red Cross will have one of their Save-A-Life buses setup in YPD’s rear parking lot. All members of the Yale and New Haven communities are encouraged to stop by and donate blood.
To donate blood in the State of Connecticut, you must:
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Weigh a minimum of 110 lbs.
- Be in overall good health.
- For more information on donor eligibility, http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/eligibility-requirements or call 1-800-733-2767.
- To schedule your appointment online: http://www.redcrossblood.org
- Use sponsor code: YPD or call 1- 800-RED CROSS (733-2767)
The YPD SWAT Team is hoping to collect 35 units of blood, which equates to at least 45 donors. Donors not walking over can park in the Yale Health garage located just next door at 55 Lock Street.
This blood drive is being organized by YPD Sergeant and SWAT Team Leader Christopher Halstead and members of the YPD SWAT Team. Chris who regularly gives blood is also a veteran of the US Army and served two tours in Iraq.
YPD SWAT team members will actively recruit donors and assist the day of the drive greeting and registering people.
“I’m happy that our SWAT Team is organizing this event, it’s their third blood drive. It’s important for all of our officers to give back to the community,” said Chief Ronnell Higgins.