Proper electronic disposal at Yale

March 8, 2018

Universal waste—items such as computer equipment, fluorescent bulbs, and certain batteries—can release harmful materials to the environment if disposed of incorrectly, and should be recycled through the Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S). To schedule a pickup, you can fill out a Universal Waste / Used Electronics Online Request form. EH&S also has a training video that provides detailed information on universal waste. Please visit the Yale Recycling page for additional information.