Yale Police Department will host its 8th annual “Battle of the Badges"
April 5, 2018
The Yale University Police Department will host its 8th annual “Battle of the Badges” bench press competition. Proceeds to benefit Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven. The competition will be held at Payne Whitney Gymnasium, 4th floor (70 Tower Parkway, New Haven) on Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 9am to noon.
It is a fun, spirited fundraiser where attendees push themselves to raise money in the fight against breast cancer. This is a bench press competition where males lift 75% of their body weight and females lift 50% of their body weight, in teams of three, as many times as they can. The team with the highest total repetitions wins!
There are two categories: Open Division and Public Safety Division. Each team of three will complete a certain number of repetitions within a prescribed period of time, based on each individual’s body weight.
For your convenience:
- $20.00 registration fee (registration closed) per person/$15.00 fee per student (University or High School)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- There will be team and individual trophies awarded (so bring your “A” game!)
- All participants will receive a complimentary and commemorative “T-Shirt”
- All teams receive a complimentary team photo
- Bring signed waiver with you at time of event (We will have waivers on hand so no worries)
- You can register at the door
- Cash only entry fees will be collected at the door. No checks
If you don’t want to participate in the weight lifting competition, you can still support this event by making a donation. Visit Yale New Haven Health - Donate. Once at the site, put in your total donation and in the next line, under “Designation,” click “Other.” When the “Other” box appears, type in Battle of the Badges – 2018. Complete the additional information section and the rest of the billing information and you are done!
Remember, even if you are not planning on competing, you are still welcome to come and root for your co-workers or friends or associates as they give it their all.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to the following personnel: