Policy Updates as of July 1, 2018
June 27, 2018
The following policy documents have been updated and will be posted on July 1, 2018 on the Policies & Procedures website.
Policy 3201 General Purchasing - Definitions
- Simplified Acquisition Threshold
- Small Purchase Procedures Threshold
Section 3201.4 Comparative Pricing - New
- Purchases over $10,000 will require a price or cost analysis showing that the quoted price is reasonable in comparison to published pricing, pricing quoted by other suppliers, or historical pricing.
- For purchases greater than $150,000 on Federal and Federal Pass-through Awards, Procurement shall perform a competitive bidding process requiring suppliers to respond to a publicized request for proposal/quote or Procurement will validate a Requestor’s sole source justification.
Policy 3215 Yale Purchasing Card
Section 3215.1 Requesting & Obtaining a Yale Purchasing Card - New Section
- Policy defines Workday employees as able to be assigned a PCard.
Section 3215.2 Use of the Yale Purchasing Card
- Addition of “Purchasing Conflict of Interest” language from the Uniform Guidance Requirements (New and Important)
- Addition of the U.S. Treasury Departments Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) list of currently sanctioned countries
Section 3215.3 Yale Purchasing Card Noncompliance - New
- PCard transactions not processed in 60 days or outstanding on an expense report for more than 120 days may impact cardholders.
- PCard transactions unprocessed longer than 60 days may result in suspension of the PCard.
- PCard transactions unprocessed longer than 120 days may result in a deduction in pay.