All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Planned Maintenance: Sponsored Identity systems enhancements - August 30
August 22, 2018
On Thursday, August 30, ITS will perform maintenance to the Sponsored Identity system resulting in enhancements to improve user experience and reduce submission errors, including:
- Addition of Sponsored Identity type descriptions in the Sponsored Identity Tool’s Help tab
- Ability to search names that include a space
- Multiple changes for the Vendor Name and Number fields
- Date of Birth: visual enhancements within the Calendar and new requirement for testing and training IDs
- Multiple changes for the Sponsoring Department field
- Visual enhancements to the confirmation screen
On Thursday, August 30, ITS will perform maintenance to the Sponsored Identity system resulting in enhancements to improve user experience and reduce submission errors. Notable changes include:
- Sponsored Identity type descriptions will now be available to individuals through the Sponsored Identity Tool’s Help tab.
- Searching names that contain a space (i.e. von Rentzell) will now return data.
- Vendor Name and Number:
- Contractor, consultant, and vendor Sponsored Identity records require these fields; the fields will now be renamed as Supplier Name and Number to align with Workday terminology.
- The Supplier Number field will no longer be required as some subcontractors may not have supplier numbers in the system.
- If a supplier number exists, please provide it.
- Date of Birth:
- The Calendar in the Data of Birth field has been enhanced for user friendliness and now displays the decades first.
- Central Units that require Testing and Training IDs will now be required to provide a Data of Birth for the record so that NetIDs can be activated.
- Sponsoring Department:
- The University Level Supervisory Organization will appear, but is no longer available for choice. Please refer to the two-page Quick Guide (file attached to this communication) for instructions on this field.
- Inactive Supervisory Organizations will no longer appear in the Sponsoring Department list as an available option. If you attempt to modify or reactivate a Sponsored Identity record that contains an inactive Supervisory Organization, the system will require you to update this field before the request can be submitted.
- All users will have the ability to update the Sponsoring Department field. The confirmation screen has been enhanced to include more uniform font size so that it will be easier to read and determine if your request was properly processed.
Please review the following resources: