All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Reporting and Analytics announces Maureen Velazquez, Data Governance Manager
August 9, 2018
Please welcome Maureen Velazquez who joined Yale as our Data Governance Manager, reporting to Ryan Schlagheck. Maureen’s primary responsibility is to assist the institution in the formation and execution of data governance framework, policy, standards, and artifacts. From vision to execution, Maureen has responsibility for ensuring that data is treated as an enterprise asset from inception to analytics. At the direction of the Data Governance sponsors, Maureen will:
- Establish protocols to define and implement rules to protect the sensitivity of data, its use and its distribution
- Assist leadership to define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the organizations principal information assets
- Catalog, curate, and manage artifacts related to data governance, including but not limited to, data dictionary and authoritative sources
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of the data governance framework through dialog with business users and awareness of system upgrades
- Initiate system and process changes to improve the quality of analytics from a data perspective
Maureen left Duke Health’s Analytics Center of Excellence to come to Yale. Since 2015, she served as Duke’s Enterprise Data Steward and Data Quality Program Lead, and has cultivated a professional Data Governance peer network via the Healthcare Data and Analytics Association, where she co-chaired the DG “Roles and Responsibilities” Work Group. Maureen joined Duke Health in 1997 after receiving her MBA from Duke’s Fuqua School of Business. Her Duke roles focused on enterprise data management, analytics, and creative information solutions. Prior to Duke, Maureen worked with Michael Sachs in Chicago, and INSCI Corporation in Manhattan.
Maureen is a native of Long Island who met her husband, Eric, at Williams College. They and their two dogs enjoyed every winter spent in North Carolina. Maureen and Eric have a son and a daughter; their son lives and works in NYC, and their daughter is a rising senior at Colgate University.