All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Benefits to receiving your W2 electronically
December 14, 2018
While making your benefit elections during Benefits Annual Enrollment, we hope that you will take a moment to elect to receive your W-2 electronically if you did not already consent to do so last year. Beyond simplifying your personal tax filings, this method will ensure the following benefits:
- faster and more secure delivery than U.S. mail, protecting your sensitive information from loss, theft or delay
- support of the Yale Sustainability Plan 2025, reducing the University’s costs of printing and mailing individual forms
- quick and easy access to your online W-2 through Workday, a tool you’re already using to manage your employee benefits
If you have already completed annual enrollment, you still have an opportunity to make this election through January 21. To do so, please follow the simple step-by-step process below, or review the web page for more detailed instructions:
- Go to the It’s Your Yale website
- Select “Workday” at the top of the page and login
- Select the “Pay” worklet
- In the “View” section, select “My Tax Documents”
- Select “Edit” on the right
- Verify your name and select “OK” in the bottom left corner
- Select the radio button, “Receive electronic copy of my Year End Tax Documents”. (Ignore the red asterisk next to the first radio button.)
- Select OK” in the bottom left corner
- Close the browser to exit Workday. (Once your W-2 information is ready for you to view and print, you’ll receive an email and a Workday notification.)
If you do not take action, your W-2 form will be printed and mailed to your home address during the last week of January. Please confirm that your home address is correct in Workday by clicking your name in the upper right corner of the screen, click “View Profile” on the menu that appears, and click on the Contact tab. If you need to update your address (“Contact Information”), follow this guide.
Please visit the Payroll Toolbox for additional resources
Need help navigating Workday? Please contact an Employee Services representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-432-5552.