All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
CCI events and training
February 7, 2019
Climate, Culture, and Inclusion (CCI) encourages individuals to get involved with Yale’s eight affinity groups. Attending a training or event highlighted by these groups helps to promote awareness of cultural differences, strengths, and challenges members of our community bring. We have highlighted a few offerings below that you may be interested in.
Training, workshops, and webinars:
- Diversity & Inclusion workshops and training (multiple events/dates), including:
- Creating an environment of mutual respect
- Creating an incluseive workplace for transgender and non-binary colleagues
- OUCH! That sterotype hurts
- Transgender 101
- Trust builders: Establishing a culture of trust
- Transgender 102: To the bathrooms & beyond webinar (Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.)
Yale affinity group events:
- Asian Network at Yale (ANY): Lunarfest Parade (Sat, Feb. 16, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m)
- ANY: Visualizing Sound lecture & demo: Chinese Qin (Fri, Feb. 15, 6:30 p.m.)
- Future Leaders of Yale (FLY): Steering committee monthly meeting (Thu, Feb. 14, noon - 1:00 p.m.)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ): Monthly happy hour (Wed, Feb. 13, 5:30 p.m.)
- LGBTQ & Working Women’s Network (WWN): Movie night - Speak your truth (Wed, Feb. 20, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.)
- Yale African American Affinity Group (YAAA): Fireside chat - Unconscious Bias in the workplace (Thu, Feb. 21, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.)
- Yale Latino Networking Group (YLNG) Café Con Leche (Wed, Feb. 13, noon - 1:00 p.m.)
- YLNG: Undoing Racism community organizing workshop (Feb. 15 - 17, see details for times)
Hope to see you there!