All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
International Day Pass Plan added to mobile devices using AT&T
August 14, 2019
Effective immediately, all Yale-owned mobile devices with AT&T as the carrier will automatically have the International Day Pass plan added. This means individuals will no longer have to submit a ServiceNow request to the Mobile Device group when traveling internationally.
Individuals using Yale owned mobile devices that have Verizon as their carrier will continue requesting international service through ServiceNow until further notice.
- With AT&T International Day Pass, individuals have unlimited talk and text and can use their data plan in over 100 countries, only paying for the days that the devices are used abroad. Instead of being charged per minute, message, or megabyte while traveling, users pay just $10 a day per device for any 24-hour period the device is used in an International Day Pass country.
- International Day Pass countries are listed here: https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/day-pass.html
- If the destination is not covered by the International Day Pass, AT&T users will need to submit a Service Now request to have one of the Passport plans (1GB or 3GB) added to their service while traveling to these locations.
Things to keep in mind:
- Individuals will receive a text as soon as they arrive in the International Day Pass destination to confirm the plan is active.
- The 24-hour access won’t start until you make or receive a call, send a text, or use data—including background data. Turn off automatic updates and background app refreshes so they don’t use your data and trigger the daily fee.
- Calls to countries not included in International Day Pass will incur International Long Distance charges. Please check the list of International Day Pass countries before traveling by following this link: https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/day-pass.html
- International use abroad cruise ships is NOT included.
- You do not need to remove International Day Pass when you return to the U.S.; the plan is always on your device, but the daily fee is not charged until you use the device in an included county.
- If you are traveling near the US borders (i.e. Canada or Mexico) and inadvertently activate the International Day Pass, please submit an incident via ServiceNow to Mobile Devices so that we may work with the vendor to remove the charge.
- Any issues while traveling abroad contact AT&T’s International Global Support, +1-314-925-6925, for assistance.