All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Java upgrade project update and possible action required
August 8, 2019
- ITS will be piloting Java version 1.8.0_212 for an upgrade release to ensure computers currently running Java have a secure and compatible version.
- Application owners responsible for an application not identified in the list below with a Java/JRE dependency, please contact email@example.com to ensure ITS is aware.
- IMPORTANT: The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) update package is based on version 1.8.0_212 and has been modified for use at Yale. Therefore, downloading from the Java website or anywhere else will not provide the correct configurations for our environment.
The JRE project team is working with users who manage applications running JRE to assist with pilot testing. Application owners running an application currently dependent on Java, not found in the list below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Campus Call
- FAMIS (Facilities)
- Family Based Recovery (FBR)
- FileNet Viewer
- Grant Proposal and Award System/Material Transfer Agreement (GPAS/MTA)
- Graduate Student Payroll System (GSPS)
- ID Card System
- Intensive In-Home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Support (IICAPS)
- My Time (Kronos)
- Training Management System (TMS) - administrative users only
Further information will be distributed as the project progresses.
Java Runtime Environment Project Team