Traveling Internationally – Check with International SOS
August 21, 2019
When planning international (or domestic) travel, it’s important to consult the travel guidance provided by Yale’s dedicated travel assistance partner, International SOS (ISOS).
ISOS country reports and global risk ratings incorporate security data from multiple sources, including the U.S. State Department travel advisories and other national intelligence sources, as well as ISOS’ own professional medical, security, and logistics experts. They include real-time alerts that reflect what is happening day by day around the world.
Yale travelers are automatically enrolled in the International SOS travel assistance program.
Before you travel:
- Contact ISOS to request a pre-departure briefing specific to your itinerary. Complete the ISOS travel briefing form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. ISOS will respond with your briefing within 72 business hours.
- Know how to contact ISOS if you need them while you’re away: add the ISOS assistance app to your smart phone and download your ISOS ID card.
During your trip
- Contact ISOS for medical and travel security assistance: use the ISOS assistance app for one-click dialing, or refer to your ISOS ID card for in-country and dedicated Yale phone numbers. You may ask the operator to reverse the charges.
- Coverage applies to business and personal travel 100 miles or more away from your permanent residence.
- Multilingual assistance is available 24/7/365.
For more information and resources, visit Yale’s International SOS Global Travel Assistance website.