All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Thanksgiving holiday support and special schedules
November 13, 2019
Yale University will observe Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, 2019, as a holiday and the Friday after, November 29, as a recess day. Please refer to relevant information for special schedules and deadlines related to the long holiday weekend.
Time card approval and payroll deadlines are as follows:
My Time (Kronos) Sign off deadline:
- Monday, November 25, 2019, 1:00 p.m.
- Please check with Business Office/Managers for departmental deadlines.
Timesheet X Deadline:
- Monday, November 25, 2019, 12:00 p.m.
View the Payroll Production Schedule.
- View the staff recruitment/hiring deadlines.
- Processing invoices, reviewing supplier invoice requests, and reviewing expense reports for YSS partners will stop at the close of business on Wednesday, November 27, and resume on Monday, December 2.
- Payments will stop at the close of business Wednesday, November 27, and resume Monday, December 2.
- The Expense Management System (Workday Expenses) will be available during the holiday weekend. However, payment by Accounts Payable will not be completed before Tuesday, December 2.
Journal Entries/Payroll Accounting Adjustments (PAAs)
- The MFT journal import will run on its normal schedule.
- Journals requiring central approval will not be reviewed until Monday, December 2.
- Payroll Obligation Adjustments will be run at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27, and will not be updated again until Monday, December 2.
- GSPS and F&A commitments will not be updated Thursday, November 28 or Friday, November 29.
- Allocations will be run at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27 and will not be updated again until Monday, December 2.
- eShipGlobal, Workday, and SciQuest will remain available during the holiday weekend. However, requisitions will not be reviewed until Monday, December 2.
- The Purchasing Card office will not be available during the Thanksgiving holiday period. If assistance is needed, please contact JP Morgan Chase using the phone number listed on the back of the card. All P-card notifications will be processed as usual on December 2.
ITS Help Desk & Support
- The ITS Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.You may call 203-432-9000 or visit helpme.yale.edu to search how-to articles, report a problem, or chat.
- The ITS Data Center will be staffed until 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27, and will reopen on Friday, November 29, at 7:00 a.m. Anyone needing emergency assistance during the time the facility is not staffed may call 203-432-6506 and leave a message. The call will activate an email notification and Data Center staff will respond. For all times the Operations Center is unmanned, coverage will be maintained by on-call staff.
- Please check the IT Systems Status page for any known system outages.
Below is the shuttle schedule for the holiday weekend:
- Beginning Thursday, November 28, at 2:00 a.m. all Yale shuttle and nighttime door-to-door services will stop.
- The VA shuttle will operate on a regular schedule on Friday, November 29. Nighttime door-to-door service will resume on Friday, November 29 at 8:00 p.m.
- Fixed routes for the Blue and Purple lines will resume on Saturday, November 30 at 8:00 a.m.
For more information about theYale Shuttle service visit Getting Around Yale.
We wish you and yours a very restful and happy Thanksgiving!