2019 holiday recess schedules & adjusted deadlines
December 4, 2019
Several Yale offices will close at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 23, 2019, and reopen Thursday, January 2, 2020. The following is a brief summary of systems availability, adjusted deadlines, and support services related to this period. Please read on for information about specific areas.
- Payroll Schedule and Important Information
- STARS/Recruiting and Hiring
- General Accounting
- Treasury Services
- Accounts Payable
- Finance Support Center (FSC)
- Power BI Report Server and Data Warehouse
- ITS Cellular Services
- ITS Help Desk
- ITS Data Center
- Human Resources – Employee Services
- Yale Mail Service
The Pay Schedule contains detailed information about closing and pay schedules.
For consideration, On Demand Check requests must be received by no later than noon on Friday, December 13.
Monthly faculty and staff and Semi-monthly students will be paid on Monday, December 23, the last day prior to the holiday recess. These checks will be distributed in the usual manner.
Due to the holiday schedule, the Payroll Office will not provide any special handling of checks during this period.
Paychecks for Weekly employees (week ending 12/21) will be distributed on December 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at 221 Whitney Avenue, Welcome Desk. Normal hours will resume on January 2, 2020.
Employees must provide photo identification to pick up checks and deposit advices.
No employee may pick up checks/deposit advices for other individuals.
Casual checks for week ending December 21 will be mailed on December 23.
In order for over-payment credits to be reflected on 2019 tax forms, payments and/or checks must be received in the Payroll Office by December 19, 2019.
Please refer to the following schedule for creating and posting job requisitions, processing temporary employment requests, and extending offers to candidates before and after the 2019 holiday recess period.
If you have any questions, please contact an Employee Services representative at 203-432-5552 or email@example.com.
Journals, PAAs and Commitments
During the recess period users will be able to enter and authorize Journal Entries and Payroll Accounting Adjustments.
Please note the following processing times for specific transactions.
- The MFT journal import will run on its normal schedule.
- Journals requiring central approval will not be reviewed after 1PM on Monday, December 23 through 8:30 AM on Thursday, January 2.
- Payroll Obligation Adjustments will be run at 1PM on Monday, December 23 and will not be updated again until Thursday, January 2 at 3PM.
- GSPS and F&A commitments will not be updated after Monday, December 23 until Thursday, January 2.
- Allocations will be run at 1PM on Monday, December 23 and will not update again until 4PM on Thursday, January 2.
Questions can be directed to the Finance Support Center (FSC) at 203-432-5394 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond after recess on Thursday, January 2.
Location: 2 Whitney Avenue, will be open for Cash Sale drop off ONLY during the following times:.
- Thursday, December 26 - 9:00 a.m. ‐ 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, December 27 - 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, December 30 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 31 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Accounts Payable will be closed from Dec 24, 2019 – Jan 1, 2020 for the holiday recess. During the recess we will not be processing or reviewing transactions, or disbursing payments.
To ensure that your transactions are completely processed before the December holiday recess, please note the following critical dates and times:
Transactions need to be submitted to Accounts Payable by Friday, December 13 (3:00 p.m.):
- Invoices (PO and OK2Pay) to YSS.Invoices@yale.edu
- Vendor Setup Requests should be initiated by the department prior to 3 PM
- Vendor changes to email@example.com
Transactions need to be submitted for review to Accounts Payable by Friday, December 13 (5:00 p.m.):
- Petty Cash
- Check Request (Supplier Invoice Request)
- Expense Reports for YSS Partners
- Match Exceptions for PO invoices
In order to receive a check, your transaction must be fully approved by Friday, December 20:
- Any invoices, Expense Reports, Check Request (Invoice Request), or Supplier request submitted during the holiday recess will be addressed on January 2nd in the order they were received.
During the holiday recess December 24 to January 1, 2010 the Finance Support Center (FSC) will not be available.
To ensure that your transactions are processed before the December holiday recess, please note the following critical dates:
- Wednesday, December 11 (5:00 p.m.): Purchase Requisitions needing review by Procurement received by Purchasing
All Procurement units (which include Purchasing Services and Electronic Commerce Services) will be closed for the holiday recess.
Workday and SciQuest will remain available during the holiday recess. However, as all requisitions require financial review and approval, they may not be reviewed during the recess. Likewise, requisitions that require review and approval by central units (e.g., radioactive or hazardous materials by EHS; requisitions requiring Purchasing approval or requests to close POs) will be reviewed beginning Thursday, January 2. University Receiving locations are also on a reduced schedule.
In addition, eShip Global, the university’s express shipping tool, will also remain available during the holiday recess.
The Purchasing Card office will not be available during the holiday recess. If assistance is needed, please contact JP Morgan Chase at 1-800-316-5065. The weekly PCard transaction notifications will be processed as usual on December 30, 2019.
Please share this reminder with those in your department who are responsible for these transaction types. Please email questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cellular Services will be closing Monday, December 23, 2019, and reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- To ensure any international requests are completed by December 23, 2019 the requests need to be submitted no later than Friday, December 20, 2019.
The ITS Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. You may call 203-432-9000 or visit Get Help to search How-to Articles, report a problem, or chat.
Walk-in Computer Support Centers will not be available during the holiday recess.
- Tuesday, December 24 - DC Operations closes at 6:00 p.m.
- Unmanned from 6:00 p.m. Christmas Eve (Tuesday) through 7:00 a.m. December 26 (Thursday).
- Wednesday, December 25 - closed
- Thursday, December 26 - DC Operations opens at 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 31 - DC Operations closes at 6:00 p.m.
- Unmanned from 6:00 p.m. New Year’s Eve (Tuesday) to 7:00 a.m. New Year’s Day (Wednesday)
- Wednesday, January 1 - DC Operations opens at 7:00 a.m.
For all times the Operations Center is unmanned, coverage will be maintained by on-call staff. Anyone needing emergency assistance during the time the facility is not staffed may call 203-432-6506 and the on-call staff member will respond.
During the recess period, Employee Services (email@example.com, 203 432-5552) will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the following days:
- Thursday, December 26
- Friday, December 27
- Monday, December 30
The building will be closed on:
- Tuesday, December 24
- Wednesday, December 25
- Tuesday, December 31
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020
The Power BI Report Server and legacy Data Warehouse (BRIO) will be available in unattended status during the winter recess from Saturday, December 21, through Wednesday, January 1. Unattended status means that while the systems will be available, if there are errors during the overnight load process, those will not be fixed until the staff returns after the holiday recess.
The People Hub and Finance Data Mart will be updated on its usual schedule, but will also be in unattended status. If you encounter Data Warehouse, Power BI, People Hub or Finance Data Mart problems, please report them to the ITS Help Desk. Problems that can be corrected by on-site systems staff will be addressed right away and other problems will be logged for research and resolution beginning Thursday, January 2.
As a reminder, the Hyperion Portal, will be retired on December 16, 2019.
- Yale Mail Service will close at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, December 23, 2019, and reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- To ensure departments that wish to continue having their mail picked up and delivered over the break, special arrangements can be accommodated.
- Submit your request prior to December 13, 2019.
For areas on campus that require continuous mail delivery and pickup during the upcoming holiday recess, please submit your request to Yale Mail Service before Friday, December 13.
- Note: This option is not available on Wednesday, December 25, or Wednesday, January 1.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Thank you and happy holidays!