All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
MyApps at Yale service change
May 28, 2020
- Effective June 1, 2020, the MyApps at Yale service is changing platforms (formerly available via Citrix). MyApps at Yale is a comprehensive desktop and app virtualization service that provides access to a Windows based environment containing Yale licensed software from both personal and Yale owned devices.
- Access to MyApps at Yale service will use multi-factor authentication (MFA) via DUO. VPN will no longer be required.
- The MyApps at Yale Citrix environment will no longer be available.
- Action Required: Access to the new MyApps at Yale environment will be available through remote desktop (preferred method) or through the web. Detailed setup information is available in the Getting Started Guide.
- This change does not apply to MyApps at YNHHS.
The new MyApps at Yale service will present end users with a full Windows 10 desktop. The desktop includes Yale licensed software that is currently available in the Public Clusters (for students) or software specific to departmental needs. The new MyApps service will be available on Monday, June 1, and the Citrix environment will no longer be accessible. Note: This change does not apply to MyApps at YNHHS.
- To access the new environment, please download remote desktop software and follow the Getting Started Guide.
- Access the new MyApps at Yale environment is also available through the web.
- Your existing Yale email address and NetID password will provide access to the system.
Note: All students with an active Yale email address will be licensed to access the MyApps at Yale service via their personal devices.
Will I be able to save personal files on the virtual desktop?
The virtual desktop allows access to software available on the Public Clusters (students), or for specific use by teams or departments at Yale. Personal files can be saved to OneDrive.
Will I be able to add software to the virtual desktop?
You can customize your view of the virtual desktop, but software downloads/additions are not permitted. If you or your group have a specific need for software on the virtual desktop, please reach out to your professor, proctor, or manager.
For additional assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit our website to view answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem. You may also contact your local IT support provider.
Yale Information Technology Services