Payroll Obligations for FY21
May 6, 2020
To prepare for payroll obligation creation, please review the reports Find Position Restriction Costing Allocations - Yale and Find Workers Costing Allocations by Home Cost Center - Yale to confirm all workers have costing allocations at least through the end of FY21 at one level of the costing hierarchy.
- For example: for FY21, workers paid weekly must have a costing allocation start date of June 28, 2020 or prior and must end no sooner than June 30, 2021.
- Payroll obligations for the base year FY21 will be created the weekend of July 18, 2020.
Payroll costing allocations for active, filled positions must be in place for the entire base year when obligations are initially created in July. Costing allocations must coincide with the first day of payroll in the new base year, which may differ from the position start date.
- For positions created through Position Management: When a Position Restriction is in place for the full base year, costing is not required at the worker level. Position Restrictions should not have an end date.
- For positions created through Job Management: A worker level costing allocation for the full base year is required.
- Take action on the Inbox tasks to assign costing allocations that originate through Human Capital Management (HCM), even if the position is a future fill.
For more information about payroll obligations, refer to the procedure 3501 Payroll Obligations.