All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Consider your technology needs before Fall 2020
August 6, 2020
As an increasing number of students, faculty, and researchers return to campus this fall, IT has developed the following checklist to ensure that managers and their staff are equipped with the technology they need to accomplish their work.
Please review the following before the start of the fall semester on August 24:
- Review remote work resources
- Visit the Virtual Technology Resources page to explore services by audience
- Confirm that you have dependable WIFI and cell phone access from home
- Run an updated anti-virus solution
- Consider the need to answer phones remotely and display a Yale phone number
- Visit the Telephone Services page for information on the Softphone Service.
- Be aware of new guidance for student technology support
- Understand where to go for technical support
- Visit the Help Desk page, to view answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, report a problem, call a member of our Help Desk, or request “hand’s on” remote desktop support.
- Help Desk hours will be extended until 7:00 p.m., from August 24 to September 4, to provide additional support during typically heavy periods of call volume.
- International workers should also contact the Help Desk for support with loaner devices, blocked websites, and more.
As you are planning for fall semester, please contact the Help Desk for a technology consultation. You may be directed to a specialist on our team, as needed. IT looks forward to supporting you, and to providing timely solutions, to ensure a successful start to the academic year.