All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Scheduled Yale internet outage - Sunday, August 9
August 9, 2020
- Yale ITS will perform planned maintenance to the campus network on Sunday, August 9, from 5:30—6:30 a.m.
- Expect up to 45-minute outages affecting Yale’s Internet connections, impacting:
- Yale VPN and Central Authentication Service (CAS)
- locally hosted Yale websites
- Workday, ServiceNow, and various other applications
- telephone service provided through computers (on and off campus)
- remote desktop connections to on-campus devices
- any business or research data processing to and from Yale’s campus via the Internet will be disrupted
- Health, life, and safety telephones will not be affected
Yale ITS will perform required maintenance on the campus network on Sunday, August 9, from 5:30 – 6:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). This maintenance will cause up to 45-minute outages to Yale’s connection to the Internet, affecting various websites and applications listed above.
The following services are excluded from this maintenance:
- Blue emergency phones (used in emergencies to contact the Yale police)
- Elevator phones
- Area of refuge phones
- All on-campus phones
- Off-campus Yale phones without SoftPhone software installed
Anyone needing emergency assistance during this time should dial 911 from their mobile phone.
ITS staff will be on-hand to verify the network is working properly at the conclusion of this work.
Anyone responsible for a service, application, or website should test their service after 6:30 a.m. on Sunday. To report an issue, please call the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000. Include the following information when reporting the issue: the name of the application, full URL/website address, and/or any error messages - if applicable. Additionally, you may provide a screen capture of the observed behavior.
Please check the IT system status page for updates.