All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
September 25, 2020
In the months since we have been working remotely, Yale has experienced a substantial increase in attempts to compromise NetIDs. This puts our intellectual property, faculty research data, and personal information at heightened risk. DUO Everywhere provides added protection by extending DUO MFA to Office 365 logins (including Outlook, Teams and OneDrive) and reduces the frequency of DUO prompts to every 90 days for a session, a major improvement in convenience.
I encourage you to opt in by going to http://mfa.its.yale.edu.
Why DUO Everywhere?
Yale’s mission requires us to be uniquely open while simultaneously having stores of highly sensitive intellectual property, faculty research data, personally identifiable data, and other high-risk information. Today, compromises of authentication credentials take place far too often. DUO Everywhere will reduce the impact of phishing and other attempts to gain inappropriate access.
What is DUO Everywhere?
- Provides added protection for your Yale credentials and email account by extending MFA to include on-campus and off-campus logins.
- Protects your logins for Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, and OneDrive) and all systems that use CAS.
- Reduces the frequency of the DUO prompts to every 90 days for a session, a major improvement in convenience.
- A session is per browser/application and per device. DUO authentication is still required every time you connect to Yale’s Virtual Private Network (VPN).
How do I get DUO Everywhere?
The DUO Everywhere Opt-In tool will guide you through the enrollment process and device setup while providing detailed information on what to expect.
- To learn more about DUO Everywhere, including devices, authentication, and more, review the DUO Everywhere Frequently Asked Questions.
- For additional assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit the website to view answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem. You may also contact your local IT support provider.