All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Possible action required - F5 Load Balancer - various dates in November and December
October 29, 2020
- Yale ITS will perform scheduled maintenance impacting the F5 network on various dates through November and December, beginning on Monday, November 16.
- Individuals using up-to-date web-browsers should see no disruption in connectivity to resources and websites hosted through F5.
- Some individuals may experience connectivity issues to resources and websites hosted through F5 - see important information below.
- Possible actions required:
- Do not run reports or make changes to websites or applications during this maintenance window.
- ITS recommends website and application owners test their services after the maintenance completes and report any discovered issues to the ITS Help Desk immediately.
Yale ITS will perform scheduled maintenance impacting the F5 Load Balancing network beginning Friday, November 16 and continuing through Friday, December 11.
Individuals using up-to-date web-browsers should see no disruption in connectivity to resources and websites hosted through F5. Those using older versions of web browsers or automated systems not configured to support TLS1.2 protocol will be unable to connect to resources and websites hosted through F5 and may experience error messages when attempting to do so.
Work for three environments is planned to occur:
- DEV: Monday, November 16, through Friday, November 20
- TST: Monday, November 23, through Friday, November 27
- PRD: Monday, November 30, through Friday, December 11
Possible actions required
Do not run reports (including scheduled) or make changes to websites or applications during the maintenance window.
Anyone responsible for a service, application, or website on the F5 should test their service after December 11. Please submit a ticket or call the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000. Include the following information when reporting the issue: the name of the application, full URL/website address, and/or any error messages, if applicable. Additionally, you may provide a screen capture of the observed behavior.
Visit the IT system status page for updates.
Individuals with ITIL-access to ServiceNow may view knowledge article KB0025239 (CAS login required) for additional troubleshooting information; others may contact the ITS Help Desk.
Contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit our website to view answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem.