All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
It's time for mid-year performance discussions
January 21, 2021
As a reminder, we have entered the development phase of ITS’s Performance Management cycle, which includes conducting a mid-year performance review. In addition, this year’s (FY21) rating and rewarding phase for M&P staff will be accellerated. The effective date for merit increases for eligible M&P staff will return to July 1.
Mid-year performance reviews for ITS M&P and C&T staff should be completed on or before Friday, February 5, 2021. M&P team members should use the ITS M&P Performance Management form, which includes a revision to the Diversity competency. C&T team members and their managers should use the C&T Performance Feedback form.
For a mid-year feedback discussion to be constructive and meaningful, it should be actionable. You and your manager are encouraged to do the following during your discussion:
- Review specific goals and required competencies
- Recognize accomplishments to date and reinforce the path to achieving goals
- Discuss what is/isn’t working and what support/resources are needed to deliver expectations
- Where applicable, adjust goals based on changing priorities and circumstances
- Identify priorities for the rest of the year
- Identify and eliminate potential road blocks to achieving stated goals
- Identify development opportunities for the employee
Conducting a mid-year review allows you and your supervisor a formal opportunity to check in and provide meaningful feedback on your work and accomplishments to date. It also serves to develop and/or enhance working relationships and to contribute to your professional development.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com if you need support with your performance discussions. Helpful guides and related information are also available to support you in this effort. Please visit Yale’s Performance Management page.