Help with non-cash gifts or bequests

February 10, 2021

If your school or unit receives a gift or correspondence related to a bequest (through a will or trust) or any kind of non-cash gift (such as securities, books, art, vehicles, equipment, or other property), please contact the Office of Planned Giving in Yale’s Development Office. They can often help with the often important legal, reporting, tax compliance, and other issues relating to these gifts.

The Office of Planned Giving is charged with monitoring trusts and estates in which the University has an interest.  All information regarding bequests or trusts must be sent to the Office of Planned Giving in a timely manner to ensure that the University’s interests are safeguarded.

For more information, please review this policy.  For questions, please contact or