All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Workplace Survey Initiatives update - March 18, 2021
March 18, 2021
The ITS Leadership Team and the ITS Climate, Culture, and Inclusion (CCI) Task Force continue to make workplace improvements through the nine separate initiatives derived from the 2019 Workplace Survey results.
Between February 12 and March 11, teams working on these initiatives have accomplished the following:
- Establish ITS work from home guidance for staff (Ted Hanss)—Ted’s team is reviewing survey results from ITS staff, which closed on March 5. We received more than 400 survey responses.
- Implement inclusive recruiting practices (Diane Fusco / Blanche Temple)—The team identified tools & recommendations for detecting unconscious bias in job descriptions. They are currently working on how to socialize and where to store these resources for ease of reference.
- Examine total rewards, pay equity, and simplifying career paths in alignment with market data (Blanche Temple)—The team continues refining the list of job families. They are reviewing market titles and market data from compensation to support the pay equity and alignment effort.
- 25 Science Park safety (John Barden)—Public Safety expects to have Security staff returning to ‘normal’ schedule assignments shortly. They expect to see an incremental increase to staffing at the Science Park Campus in mid-April, with additional staff added over time.
- Research “high tech” firm employment practices, culture, and retention strategies (Hadar Call / Kiran Keshav)—The team discussed the report outline and high-level findings with the initiative sponsor. We plan to share this information with the IT Leadership Team on March 31.
- Ensuring fairness of opportunity - Extend ITS diversity and inclusion training curriculum (Ann Brainard-Dougan / Sandra Germenis)—The team is evaluating potential learning content to expand the Diversity & Inclusion curriculum with plans to roll out the expanded content by the end of the fiscal year.
Previously completed initiatives:
- Meaningful performance evaluations for all ITS Staff (Assure 1:1 feedback consistency across M&P & C&T) (Sandra Germenis)—All work for this initiative was completed on October 30, 2020, resulting in the publication of recommended practices and resources for managers.
- Promote transparency and provide access to senior management (Ryan Schlagheck)—The IT Senior Leadership Team (SLT) reviewed and confirmed skip-level meeting guidance, and this information is now available as a resource on the new Performance Feedback website. Skip-level guidance was also added to the New Employee Orientation for Manager/Supervisor reference and reviewed with the IT Leadership Team at the January 27 monthly meeting. The team completed all work for this initiative as of January 29.
For the latest status and to see all of the great work accomplished to date, visit the Workplace Survey Improvement Initiatives Monthly Tracker snapshot on the IT Teams channel, or contact Randal Ritter, Senior Project Manager, Enterprise Reporting & Analytics.