All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Highlights of the FY21 Incident Process review
April 15, 2021
Over the last several months, Service Management performed the FY21 Incident Process review. We introduced several tool enhancements. Expect to see many more as we move the Incident Process into a state of continuous improvement. Additionally, the review produced a new common incident process. Today (April 15, 2021), that new process (login required) takes effect.
How was the review done?
IT Service Management met with incident stakeholders, representing all areas of ITS, and Workshops were held to:
- Document their current Incident Process
- Identify gaps and pain points
- Expose process inconsistencies between stakeholder groups
Information gathered was then disseminated, categorized, and prioritized.
Why do a review?
As part of continuous improvement, Service Management will review all core IT processes yearly, looking for:
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Adherence to process
- Consumer and provider satisfaction feedback
- Maturity – incremental improvements over time help to mature processes.
What is changing (Process)?
- Incident Manager selected: Bob Haig
- Incident Governance Committee (IGC) (login required) created
- All ITS members who participate in the handling of incidents must follow the new Common Incident Process.
Some highlights of the new process are:
- Use of incident tasking versus incidents traveling from team to team to perform work
- Clear handoffs between interrelated processes and sub-processes
- Interim Problem sub-process introduced
- Clear guidelines for the handling of draft incidents
We held several training sessions over the last two weeks. If you were unable to attend, view the training deck (login required) or for additional information, send an inquiry to the Service Management Team.
You can also join us at our virtual office hours (through Zoom), held on the first and third Thursday of the month, from 10:00—11:00 a.m.