Reminder: Workday Time and Absence Go-live May 30, 2021
May 26, 2021
As previously announced, on May 30, 2021, Workday Time and Absence will replace MyTime (Kronos) for tracking time worked, requesting time off, and tracking time off balances. Additionally:
- Time clocks used by service and maintenance employees will be replaced.
- Enhancements will be made to five payroll reports.
Workday Payroll Report Enhancements
As part of the implementation of Workday Time and Absence, some payroll reports will be enhanced to include the hours behind pay results and the job profile for time blocks worked, where it may apply.
Changes to these reports aid in verifying the accuracy of payroll expenses and charging allocations for the current period before posting to the general ledger and help avoid over-payments and under-payments. Click ‘Total Hours’ for detail.
- Payroll Results Verification - Yale
- Payroll Results Verification by Charging Cost Center - Yale
- Payroll Results Verification with Costing – Yale
These reports provide a view of selected time-related earnings for employees in one or more organizations, by payroll period and pay group (after payroll settles):
- Payroll Time-Related Earnings - Yale
- Payroll Time-Related Earnings (without costing) – Yale
Early approvals will enable the accurate conversion of paid time off balances from Kronos to Workday. Employee records in MyTime (Kronos) will be locked according to the deadlines below. To capture a record of time off balances prior to access being locked, run the “My Accrual Balances and Projections” report as of 5/29/2021.
- C&T, Security, and temporary employees must submit time off requests and the May 23 - May 29 timecard by Friday, May 28, at noon.
- Supervisors (or their delegates) of C&Ts, Security, and temporary employees must approve time off requests and the May 23 - May 29 timecard by Friday, May 28, at 3:00 p.m.
- Supervisors of S&Ms must approve the May 23 - May 29 timecard by Sunday, May 30, at 10:00 a.m.
- The previously communicated M&P employee timecard approval deadline has passed.
The following applies only to Service and Maintenance employees and supervisors:
- The last punch on the current Kronos time clocks will be Saturday, May 29, at 8:00 p.m.
- The first punch on the new time clocks will be Sunday, May 30, at 12:01 a.m.
- Supervisors who have employees scheduled to work during those times will need to update their employees’ timecards manually.
Timecard or Time Off Balance Adjustments
For timecards approved in MyTime (Kronos)
To correct timecards or time off balances through the last pay period in May (period-ending on May 29 for hourly and May 31 for salary employees), submit a Payroll Payment Adjustment Form or Paid Time Off Adjustment Form to the Employee Service Center. Requests for adjustments to time or balances in MyTime (Kronos) will be entered after the transition to Workday.
For timesheets and time off approved in Workday
Adjustments to time and retroactive time off requests can be entered directly in Workday for time or absence beginning with the first pay period ending in June (period-ending June 5 for hourly and June 30 for salary employees). The change must be approved by the supervisor or their delegate. The supervisor, delegate, or business office can make changes using the Enter Time on Behalf of an Employee or Enter Absence on Behalf of an Employee tasks.
Overtime eligible M&Ps
For M&P OTE (Overtime Eligible) employees, any overtime worked but not previously entered in MyTime (Kronos) may be entered directly in Workday on the May 30 – June 5 timesheet with a comment referencing the actual day worked. These hours will be included in the June 30 paycheck.
Workday Time and Absence Training Resources
- Recorded training sessions
- Interactive guides that allow you to try out key processes
- Updated Workday guides
- Support documentation
Additional resources may be found in Workday Time and Absence Resources for Supervisors, Timekeepers, and Business Offices.
For more details on the transition, review the Workday Time and Absence Frequently Asked Questions.
For questions, please contact the Employee Service Center at email@example.com.