Schedule your vaccine appointment
June 21, 2021
All students, trainees, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption by August 1. Depending on which vaccine you receive, it will take from two weeks to six weeks from the date of your first shot until you are considered fully vaccinated. Therefore, to meet the August 1 deadline, you should make an appointment to be vaccinated as soon as possible if you have not yet done so. You may self-schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at the Rose Center on campus (101 Ashmun Street) or find other vaccination options throughout the state by visiting the Connecticut Department of Health vaccine portal. You may call the Campus COVID Resource Line at 203-432-6604 for assistance in finding and scheduling vaccination appointments. If you are not fully vaccinated by the time you have been scheduled to return to campus, you will be required to comply with additional health and safety measures, including daily health checks and COVID-19 testing.
Submit or confirm your vaccination status
Once you have completed your vaccination (received the second dose of a two-dose series or one dose of a single-dose vaccine), submitting your documentation through the Yale Vaccine Portal (the portal) will confirm your compliance with the vaccination requirement.
To submit or confirm you vaccination information:
- Please go to the Yale Employee Vaccine Portal (you will need your NetID and password)
- Select the “Immunization” tab on the navigation bar.
- If you see the text COVID-19 VACCINATION DOCUMENTED, your vaccination is confirmed and no further action is needed.
- If you see the text NO COVID-19 VACCINATION DOCUMENTED, you must enter the date(s) of your vaccination and follow instructions to upload a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccine Record Card or other appropriate documentation. Please allow 1-5 days for this information to appear in the portal.
- If you need assistance submitting or confirming your information, you may call the Campus COVID Resource Line at 203-432-6604. Onsite help will also soon be available.
- If you wish to request an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will find information and forms on the Yale Employee Vaccine Portal.
Faculty, staff, postdoctoral/postgraduate trainees, and students may request exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical or other reasons. Anyone seeking an exemption must submit a request in writing and receive approval in order to be considered compliant with the university’s vaccination requirement. Exemption forms are on the Yale Employee Vaccine Portal. More information about the exemption process can be found here. The Campus COVID Resource Line (203-432-6604) is available to help those who need assistance in completing and submitting exemption forms.
Individuals who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 because they received an exemption will be required to follow additional health and safety measures, which may include but are not limited to:
- Regular asymptomatic testing
- Masking and social distancing
- Daily health checks
- Quarantine if identified as a close contact of a person who tests positive
- Restrictions on university-sponsored travel, and required testing and/or quarantine following travel
- Limitations of access to certain events, spaces, roles, and activities.