FY21 year-end - Upcoming journal entry deadlines
July 7, 2021
Please take note of the following upcoming journal entry deadlines. All dates relate to the June period unless otherwise stated.
- July 9 – 3:00 p.m. – Journal entry cutoff for university service providers (USP, formerly referred to as ISPs), source system owners and charges to departments other than your own, including any charging outside of your Planning Unit.
- July 16 – 3:00 p.m. – Journal entry cutoff for Non-Self-Support units and YSM departments.
- July 16 – 3:00 p.m. – All Accounting Adjustments relating to FY21 must be completed before this time, otherwise they will be cancelled.
- July 16 – 3:00 p.m. – If the Payroll Accounting Adjustment (PAA) is for payroll results applicable to FY21 and the business process is not complete before 3:00 p.m. on July 16, the PAA will post in FY22.
- July 23 – 3:00 p.m. – Journal entry cutoff for Self-Support Schools including YSM Central, Division of Faculty Salaries, and the Provost Administration.
- August 4 – 5:00 p.m. – Journal entry cutoff for JULY MONTH-END:
- 12:00 p.m. MFT deadline
- JOURNALS: 3:00 p.m. SUBMISSION & 5PM APPROVAL deadlines
- ACCOUNTING ADJUSTMENTS and PAAs: 5:00 p.m. deadline.
- August 6 – 5:00 p.m. – Journal entry cutoff for Budget Office close. Finalize GA Support to units.
A Data Mart Reporting Event will follow each of the July deadlines noted above. Please refer to the fiscal 2021 year-end closing calendar for details.
All journals in progress will be canceled as of the times noted above to support the period close activities. Please note that the 3:00 p.m. cut-off for approvals is earlier than the 5:00 p.m. timing during the regular month-end close journal requirements.