New report: Final Financial Report (FFR) Field Amount Exception – Yale
September 1, 2021
A new Workday report titled, “Final Financial Report (FFR) Field Amount Exception – Yale”, has been created. This report will enable users with the Cost Center Financial Analyst (CCFA) role to identify ended awards that have not yet been closed in Workday and contain a variance. The variance shown is a difference between the final filed amount to the sponsor and the general ledger expenses. It is recommended for users to run this report as part of the department’s closeout activities to ensure ended awards are closed out by SPFA in a timely manner. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Instructions to schedule the report in Workday:
- Search for the “Schedule a Report” task in Workday.
- In the Report prompt, enter Final Financial Report (FFR) Field Amount Exception – Yale, keep the Run Frequency prompt as “Run Now” and click OK.
- In the Report Criteria tab, enter the appropriate Organization and enter the Current Open Period and click OK.
- Note: It can take 1-3 minutes until the report output is generated.
- Once the Status is complete, click on the Output Files tab to access the Excel file.
- Click on the Excel file to download and open in Excel.
Recommended next steps:
- Run the Final Financial Report (FFR) Field Amount Exception – Yale Workday report and enter the Award(s) listed on the Excel report
- In doing so, the following drillable field can aide in investigation; Expenses
- Drilling on the Expenses field allows the user to sort the financial activity by the Accounting Date and focus on recent financial activity impacting the variance between the Inception to Date Total Expenses and Final Financial Report Filed Amount
- Run the Sponsored Report Tracking (Award Tasks) – Yale report to view the FSR Institutional Due Date and Award Task Completed Date and Comments. The comments field will note when the FSR was received.