Tips for sending requests for University Purchasing Cards (P-Cards)
September 1, 2021
To help streamline University Purchasing Card (P-Card) request processing, Procurement has compiled the following tips to use when submitting requests through email@example.com:
- The subject line of the request should be as descriptive as possible. See examples below:
- New Card Request
- Replacement Card
- Lost Card
- Temporary Suspension
- New Plastic (strip not working)
- Name Change
- Travel Limit Change
- Supply Limit Change
- Cycle Limit Change
- To avoid creating duplicate cases please respond directly to the email from the P-Card team. If the email is not available, please reference the case number.
- Exceptions, New Card, and Temporary Suspension requests should come from the Operations Manager or Lead Administrator to avoid the need to route for approvals.
- When requesting a New Card, Operations Managers need to provide a passcode on the application. Passcodes cannot include the word Yale, cannot contain special characters, or be more than 8 characters in length.
- Do not request a P-Card for an employee until the individual’s first day as an employee. Their information is not active in Workday until they begin working, and therefore cannot be verified.
- Online agreements must be completed before University P-Cards are processed. The cardholder must respond to the P-Card Team using the email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please refer to the Yale Policy and Procedures: Purchasing Card Policy 3215.