Workday upgrade September 11, 2021 – What to expect
September 8, 2021
On Saturday, September 11, Workday will be upgraded to a new version. Below please find some helpful information to prepare you for the changes.
A snapshot of the changes include:
Business Process User Interface Updates – All Users
- Workday Global Header – Search box location shift to center and icons updated
- Report parameters now open in a separate window
- Search Box option to specify contextual search categories
- View Balances Button moved from Timesheet to Actions menu
- Accessible Tooltips – the Absence and Time calendars are more accessible
- Aggregate Retro Results lines by Pay Component
- Timesheet monthly view available for monthly overtime eligible employees
- Termination of Employee and Contingent Worker Position Details now defaults to the position being available for overlap
- Change Order Reason Field added
- Supplier Invoice View includes Canceled Payments
- Spend Authorization – Budget Date has been added
Workday Extended Outage
Workday will be unavailable for a maximum of 8 hours on Saturday, September 11, from 2:00 – 10:00 a.m. EDT.
Workday can and does make changes up until the day of release. To understand any new updates, watch for information on the Workday banner.
Business Process User Interface updates – All Users
Workday global header redesign
The Search Box has shifted from left-justified to centered, and icon images have a new look.
Workday 2021 Release 2 look:
Report parameters now open in a separate window
Report parameters now appear in a separate window rather than being presented on the main Workday page. When you access a report or task filter prompt, Workday grays out the main task or report and displays the prompt in focus on the screen. When you complete your selection and dismiss the prompt, Workday brings the main task or report back into focus.
Workday 2021 Release 2 look, example 1:
Workday 2021 Release 2 look, example 2:
Search Box option to specify contextual search categories
Selecting one of the following search categories below the Search field will allow you to filter your results, reducing the number of out-of-context search results:
- Tasks and Reports
Have questions on Business Process User Interface changes?
- For help with mobile and desktop device technical issues, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000.
- For questions about Financial inquiries, transactions, and reporting, please contact the Finance Support Center at email@example.com or call 203-432-5394.
- For questions about HCM transactions, please contact the Employee Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-432-5552.
View Balances button moved from Timesheet Calendar to Actions menu
With this update, the View Absence Balances function on the time entry calendar has moved to the Actions menu, providing a more consistent user experience.
Accessible Tooltips: Absence and Time calendars are more accessible
This release includes the following accessibility enhancements to the Absence and Time calendar:
- Automatically adjusting tooltips depending on screen size in an easy-to-read space on your screen.
- Enabling keyboard-only users to display additional contextual information when present.
- Improving tooltips to meet Workday color contrast standards and make them more responsive when displayed using a mouse or keyboard.
Aggregate Retro Result Lines by Pay Component
New Aggregate Retro Result Lines by Pay Component check box on the Printing tab has been added in the Maintain Payroll Payslip Configuration task. When you check the Aggregate Retro Result Line by Pay Component box, Workday combines the retro result lines for earning and deductions based on identical pay components. It then displays the aggregation of hours and amounts to include the full (inclusive period), starting with the first day of the first pay period through the last day of the last period on the payslip.
Timesheet monthly view for monthly overtime eligible and service workers
- Timesheets for monthly overtime eligible employees now default to a monthly view. Users can still toggle back to the weekly view from the button at the top of the time sheet.
- Timesheets for weekly service workers (Local 35 staff) will still default to a weekly view, however managers can toggle to a monthly view from the button at the top of the timesheet. This is particularly beneficial to view staff who work other than standard hours, as well as for those whose schedules cross midnight and/or cross from Saturday into Sunday.
Termination of Employee and Contingent Worker Position Details now defaults to the position being available for overlap
The check box no longer requires the user to add a check to indicate that a position is available for overlap.
Have questions on HCM updates?
For questions about HCM transactions, please contact the Employee Service Center at email@example.com or call 203-432-5552.
Change Order Reason field
When a Cost Center PO Specialist creates a Change Order, a new Change Order Reason now appears. Details about the change should be entered there. A validation upon submission confirms that a Change Order Reason is populated.
Cost Center P2P Approvers will see the Change Order Reason as they review the Change Order.
Supplier Invoice View includes Canceled Payments
When viewing supplier invoice payment activity, Workday now includes canceled payments. Previously, canceled payments were omitted from the payment activity shown.
Spend Authorization – Budget Date has been added
When preparing a Spend Authorization, Budget Date now appears as a new field on the Spend Authorization line. It defaults from the Spend Authorization’s Start Date on the header and can be updated as needed.
Questions on Finance updates?
For assistance, contact the Finance Support Center through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 203-432-5394.