Secure File Transfer Facility Service retirement postponed
November 24, 2021
In response to service user requests, ITS is postponing the Secure File Transfer Facility service (files.yale.edu) retirement until February 2022.
- Service users can continue to use the service without interruption.
- Starting in January, ITS will provide training to support the transition out of this service. ITS will send another communication with additional information in early January.
- Service users are encouraged to begin using the file transfer functions outlined in the details section.
- This service is not related to Managed File Transfer.
- Set up a secure file transfer folder in OneDrive to share files or folders with individuals.
- See the OneDrive for Business Best Practices, How-To’s, and Support Information page for information on using OneDrive to share files.
- Request a file upload from an individual using OneDrive
- Send a secure message when you have sensitive information to share –
- Microsoft 365 mail users- Microsoft 365: Sending an encrypted email - IT at Yale (service-now.com)
- EliApps mail users – EliApps Google Apps for Education: Send and open encrypted emails - IT at Yale (service-now.com)
For assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit our website to report a problem.