Policy & Procedure updates - April 6, 2022
April 6, 2022
The following updated document is now published and effective. Please discuss the document with the appropriate people in your department and send any questions to email@example.com.
Procedure 3417 PR.01 Human Research Study Participant Remuneration
- Procedure 3417 PR.01 Human Research Study Participant Remuneration – Revised
This procedure recently received small but noteworthy updates. Specifically, revisions were made to clarify the following:
- A note was added among the Spend Authorization disbursement options to clarify that “for all requests for debit or gift cards, please also contact Treasury as additional information may be required.”
- When opting to use a Spend Authorization for study participant remuneration, a new disbursement method – “Gift card – digital card” – is available and reflected in the procedure. Specifically, the language around this new option reads:
- Gift card – digital cards may also be selected as a method of payment as part of the Spend Authorization request. In this instance, payment will be disbursed directly to the participant. For these requests, please contact Treasury as additional information is required.
- When seeking to move funds to a Prepaid account to either request an additional Spend Authorization or clear remaining cards at the end of a study, clarifying instructions have been added as follows:
- Prior to moving funds to a Prepaid, departments should contact the Controller’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval and guidance on the appropriate accounting treatment and subsequent responsibilities.
Always check the Policies & Procedures website for the latest revisions of all documents. This will ensure you that are utilizing the most up-to-date version.
If you have any questions, please contact Policy & Compliance Services at email@example.com.