Yale’s Office of Facilities replacing FAMIS with AssetWorks
April 27, 2022
In June 2022, Yale’s Office of Facilities will replace its current management system (FAMIS) with AssetWorks for asset management, billing, procurement, work order, and maintenance processes for Yale’s more than 300 buildings.
- This change impacts all Facilities employees and Yale students, faculty, and staff who submit work order requests.
- Migration to this new system will have little to no disruption in Facilities processes and support.
- Training will be provided in May and June. Impacted users will receive further information in May.
- AssetWorks provides all the same functions as FAMIS but on a modernized platform with expanded capability and technological advances.
- New internal functionality and reporting mechanisms, including work order automation, split charging, building automation system interfaces, and expanded project management.
- An easy-to-use self-service portal interface for work order requests.
- Upgraded technology for service and maintenance technician’s handheld devices.
- Interfaces with Workday for cash payment, vendor information, and procurement.
- Ability to launch procurement requisitions from mobile devices and links to work orders.
- Reduces operational errors and security risks to the University.
- Further information and resources will be posted on the Office of Facilities website in May and June.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Facilities’ Senior Director of Finance and Administration, John Kaufhold, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit our website to view answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem.