Training sessions for AssetWorks transition are scheduled in June
May 24, 2022
A reminder that the Office of Facilities is replacing its current management system (FAMIS) with AssetWorks on July 1, 2022. The new system will provide asset management, billing, procurement, work order, and maintenance processes for more than 300 buildings at Yale.
- This change impacts all Facilities employees and Yale students, faculty, and staff who submit work order requests.
- Migration to this new system will have little to no disruption in Facilities processes and support.
- Training will be provided to Facilities employees in June. Find the dates below.
System Details and Training
- AssetWorks provides all the same functions as FAMIS but on a modernized platform with expanded capability and technological advances. Learn more about its benefits below.
- New internal functionality and reporting mechanisms, including expanded work order categorization and reporting, split charging, building automation system interfaces, and enhanced project management.
- An easy-to-use self-service portal interface for work order requests.
- Upgraded technology for service and maintenance technicians’ handheld devices.
- Interfaces with Workday for cash payment, vendor information, and procurement.
- Ability to launch procurement requisitions from mobile devices and links to work orders.
- Reduces operational errors and security risks to the University.
- M&P and C&T training will be held the week of June 6.
- S&M training will be held during the weeks of June 13 and June 20.
- Facilities employees will receive calendar invitations and additional information soon.
- Please make every effort to attend the training sessions assigned to you, as additional dates for those who miss sessions are limited.
- A how-to submit a work order guide will be provided to the greater Yale community in June.
Please refer to the Office of Facilities website for more information. If you have questions, please reach out to Facilities’ Senior Director of Finance and Administration, John Kaufhold, at email@example.com or 203-432-6372.