AssetWorks goes live on Friday, July 1 – New resources available
June 24, 2022
Nearly a week remains before the Office of Facilities replaces its current management system (FAMIS) with AssetWorks on Friday, July 1, 2022. The new system provides asset management, billing, procurement, work order, and maintenance processes for more than 300 buildings at Yale.
- This change impacts all Facilities employees and Yale students, faculty, and staff who submit work order requests.
- Migration to AssetWorks will have little to no disruption in Facilities processes and support.
- Training was provided to Facilities employees and materials are available. Please see below for more information.
System Details, Training, and Transition
AssetWorks provides all the same functions as FAMIS but on a modernized platform with expanded capability and technological advances. Learn more about its benefits below.
- New internal functionality and reporting mechanisms, including expanded work order categorization, reporting, split charging, building automation system interfaces, and enhanced project management. An easy-to-use self-service portal interface for work order requests.
- Upgraded technology for service and maintenance technician’s handheld devices.
- Interfaces with Workday for cash payment, vendor information, and procurement.
- Ability to launch procurement requisitions from mobile devices and links to work orders.
- Reduces operational errors and security risks to the University.
- M&P, C&T, and S&M training are complete with new staff onboarding to take place periodically. Training materials were provided to attendees.
- A how-to submit a work order guide for the greater Yale community may be found online.
- AssetWorks goes live on Friday, July 1, 2022.
- FAMIS to sunset starting the end of day on Thursday, June 30, 2022. More information to follow.
The project team working on this transition is excited to see their efforts finally come to fruition and realize the many benefits this technology will provide all of Facilities and its service partners.
Please refer to the Office of Facilities website for more information.
If you have questions about the transition, please contact Facilities’ Senior Director of Finance and Administration, John Kaufhold, at email@example.com or 203-432-6372.
For assistance with AssetWorks, please contact ITS Help Desk online or call 203-432-9000.