Valimail protection for bulk yale.edu email
July 14, 2022
- On Monday, August 15, 2022, Yale will enable services offered by Valimail to improve mail security, reduce spam, and ensure mail delivery for legitimate Yale mail.
- Individual emails sent from Outlook or EliApps are not impacted.
- No action is required when using Yale Message to send Bulk emails.
- See details below if using a bulk email sending service (e.g., Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.) other than Yale Message.
Possible action required for those sending bulk email with an @yale.edu address:
ITS recommends sending a test message prior to using a bulk email sending service to ensure delivery.
Ensure bulk email sending services are authorized before Monday, August 15, 2022
- For those who have worked with ITS to set up a bulk email sending service:
- No further action is required
- For those who have *NOT* worked with ITS to set up a bulk email sending service:
- ITS must configure Valimail to authorize email to be sent from the Yale.edu address via the bulk sending service.
- Request Valimail authorization by completing a request form
View additional details about Valimail and sending mail via bulk email sending services on the Valimail knowledge page.