YaleSites upgrade project status – Winter 2022
March 8, 2023
As previously announced, Yale ITS and the Office of Public Affairs and Communication are upgrading YaleSites, Yale’s web-publishing service. This message provides the Winter 2022 update on project progress:
- The YaleSites team is rebuilding yalesites.yale.edu using the new platform.
- Resources and training materials are being offered to the community.
- A Continued Drupal 7 Support Plan is in place for sites that do not upgrade immediately.
About the Project
- YaleSites will upgrade to the latest version of Drupal, a supported, secure, and accessible content-managed platform.
- It includes an intuitive and flexible design platform, providing a cohesive visual identity.
- The project is scheduled to begin rebuilds in the late summer and fall of 2023 (FY24).
- Training and resources will be available to site builders, authors, and editors.
- Build Update
- A new design system has been implemented. YaleSites.yale.edu is currently being rebuilt as a proof-of-concept site.
- Features are being implemented that will enable customization of look and feel and create dynamic lists of events, news, and profiles on web pages.
- Users should expect a more engaging authoring experience, improved site navigation, and enhanced accessibility.
- Training Update
- Content training sessions were provided in February and will be offered regularly.
- Upcoming training sessions will include Basic Principles of Information Architecture and Using a Content Matrix. The user community will receive invitations in advance with the training dates and times.
- Links to register for the trainings are published on yalesites.yale.edu.
The YaleSites team is currently conducting meetings with departments across the campus that have a YaleSite to explain the project and share information about preparing for the rebuild to the new platform. These meetings will be completed within the next 6-8 weeks.
For more information, please visit the YaleSites upgrade program page.