Office of Research Administration
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) is responsible for the university’s systems and processes related to research administration. It is dedicated to ensuring that all research activity is conducted in accordance with applicable institutional policies, laws, regulations, and guidelines.
ORA’s mission is to coordinate the activities of the various university offices providing support to faculty, staff and students on sponsored projects, to assure that service provided by those offices is of the highest caliber and professionalism, and to serve as an effective representative for the research enterprise at Yale University and nationally.
ORA accomplishes this mission by honoring its commitment to supporting the research activity throughout the research project life-cycle by providing the following services including:
- Support for obtaining and managing sponsored awards that support scholarly activities.
- Assistance with proposal development and development of research protocols and study related documents.
- Training and continuing education opportunities for faculty, students, and staff regarding research compliance and the conduct of research in an ethical manner.
- Research monitoring and compliance oversight.
- Advice and guidance on applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines