Get Support with STARS
The online Strategic Talent-management And Recruitment System (STARS) system is designed to guide you through the application process by allowing you to:
- Search for various jobs in your area(s) of interest.
- Create an online personal account to apply for jobs.
- Receive email notifications regarding your job application status.
- Create, update, and store multiple versions of your resume and/or cover letter using the online STARS Resume Manager feature.
Create Your STARS Profile
- Visit Careers at Yale.
- Select the “Search Jobs (External)” button.
- Choose “All Jobs” or select a specific job family.
- Click “Sign In” at the top of the page to log in or create an account. It is important that applicants create only one profile with one associated email address. If you already have a STARS profile and cannot remember your password , click “Forgot Username or Password? to reset it.
- Visit Careers at Yale.
- Select the “Search Jobs (Internal)” button. Selecting this button ensures that you are seeing all open positions.
Focus your job search and receive updates by:
- Entering a keyword or conducting an advanced search by selecting specific criteria that match your interests, such as time type (e.g., full-time), job category, etc.
- Saving your search and receiving updates when new positions are available that meet your interests.
- Using the “University Job Title” field under advanced search.
- Searching within specific job categories, including:
- Clerical and Technical (CT) roles, which include the job categories of Administrative Support, Technician, Security, Police, and Professional Support.
- Managerial and Professional (MP) roles, which include the job categories of Manager, Professional, and Police.
- Service and Maintenance (SM) roles, which include the job category Service Worker.
Upload Your Resume and Cover Letter
Save up to five resumes and cover letters in STARS, either by uploading a document from your computer or entering your resume and cover letter directly into STARS. Please note that PDF format is the best file format to use.
Submit Your Application
Click “Apply to Job” when you find a position that you are interested in. You will be prompted to complete Yale’s online employment application. STARS will send you email confirmation when you have submitted an application. You will also receive email updates letting you know the status of your application along the way.
A Human Resources recruiter will review your resume and forward your application/resume to the hiring manager, if you meet the minimum requirements for the job.
For any questions, contact the Employee Service Center.