1401 Lockshop Key Distribution
- Planned Project Activities
- Routine Maintenance
- Emergency Access
- Morse Watchman Administration (Welch Hall)
The University Lock Shop is located at 344 Winchester Avenue, and its primary responsibility is to distribute keys and control access to University buildings. To facilitate building services, repairs, and construction needs, the following procedures are in place to obtain keys in Central Campus.
All project managers and plant supervisors will arrange for contractor’s keys from the Lock Shop via the Key Request Forms for scheduled projects five (5) business days in advance. The project manager/supervisor will be responsible for retrieving the keys from the contractor at the end of the project and returning them to the Lock Shop.
The Old Campus Morse Watchman system, located in the basement of Welch Hall, is available 24/7 to Facilities Operations employees which includes Physical Plant, Custodial, Fire Marshal, and Customer Service. In addition, access to the Old Campus Morse Watchman will be provided to technicians/managers from ECOLAB pest control.
- Contractors can pull keys for the day at Customer Service – 344 Winchester Avenue, from 8am to 5pm.
- The Old Campus Morse Watchman will not be available to contractors or issued to Facilities employees for use by contractors.
- Keys on the reunion boards are exclusively controlled by the Old Campus Custodial supervisor and are not available for general use or re-issue.
- The Old Campus Morse Watchman is for Old Campus buildings only.
In the event of a bona fide after-hours emergency, University Security Programs will grant contractors access to affected areas as needed. University Security Programs will also grant after hours access to areas in which Facilities has been precluded from entering at the request of the occupants.
The Custodial supervisor, assigned to Old Campus, is responsible for maintaining the Morse Watchman database and granting access. Reports for unreturned keys will be forwarded to Carmine Amento – Director, Custom Service Group, Office of Facilities for retrieval and follow-up.
The Lockshop Key Request form can be accessed here.
If you have any questions, please contact the following people:
- Central Campus: Marc.Fanelli@yale.edu
YSM/West Campus: Raymond.Mirando@yale.edu